Wednesday, April 15, 2015

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation Review

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation Review

For years I've been obsessed with Garnier BB Cream because it provides a good amount of coverage, doesn't break me out, and gives me an amazing glow that my dry skin craves. I've never been a big fan of foundations because I find them too heavy and they tend to accentuate dry patches (which I always have) or they make my skin even drier and cause peeling or flaking. Lately I've been getting bored with my makeup routine and I decided to change things up. I've read mixed reviews about the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation but I heard it was amazing for dry skin so I decided to give it a shot! I have fair skin that's on the cool side, so I picked up the shade C3.

First things first, I'm already obsessed!! It's so lightweight and makes my skin look really bright. It somehow hides my dry patches and gives my skin a lot of added moisture. It hasn't caused any blemishes and I can usually tell right away if a product is going to break me out because my skin is super sensitive. An added bonus is that it is by far the most beautifully packaged drugstore foundation on the market right now. The bottle is glass and expensive feeling, and the pump is a handy feature that my beloved BB cream doesn't have. I'm so happy!!!!

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation Review

Since I haven't worn foundation in so long I've been experimenting with application methods. I've tried the sponge shown above ($4 from Rexall), the Real Techniques Foundation Brush, and the Dior Professional Finish Fluid Foundation Brush. The Dior is hands down my favourite way to apply it because it doesn't absorb any product, so I can use less of it and have more coverage.

My only complaint about this product is that most of the shades available in Canada are really yellow based. C3 is the lightest cool toned colour I could find and it's slightly too dark for me, so I wish there was a C2 or even a C1 option for when I'm at my palest.

All in all, if you have dry skin and you're looking for a medium coverage foundation you NEED this in your life. I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin because I feel like it would slip around and cause shine, but for me it's perfect.

What's your favourite foundation?

SHARE:

5 comments

  1. heeey! hope you have a great day! do you want to follow each other via bloglovin? if yes, just follow me there and i'll follow you back soon! http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get my hands on this L'oreal True Match Lumi Foundation - hearing that it's perfect for dry skin and hide's your dry patches makes me all the more urged to buy it!

    LL | www.cautivar.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have dry skin you need it!! I'm obsessed

      Delete
  3. I truly want to give a go one of L'Oreal's foundations. They all seem to be so good!

    Love,Yana x

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig