Monday, April 13, 2015

Real Techniques Makeup Brushes



Up until recently, my makeup brush collection was really tiny and basically consisted of a couple eyeshadow brushes, a kabuki brush, and a foundation brush (which I never even use for foundation). I was in need of a serious upgrade but I could never bite the bullet because good brushes are pricey and I'm just not one of those people that likes to spend money on brushes because they're kind of boring. Normally when I'm deciding on what to buy I do a ton of research, but this time I knew exactly what I wanted: REAL TECHNIQUES! I think these are a lot more popular in the US than in Canada because I couldn't find them anywhere except for Rexall and Amazon. I've heard that Walmart carries them but there isn't one close to my school and I'm way too lazy to go anywhere that requires taking more than one bus so I can't say for sure what they have!



Chances are you already own these brushes but for those of you who don't I'll give you the low down: they're cheap, soft, and apply makeup like a dream. When I say these brushes are cheap, I mean they're really cheap. I think I paid less than $20 for all of these! The cashier at Rexall was also really nice to me and for some reason she kept throwing in coupons I had never seen before so bless her soul. The biggest perk is that they don't shed, so you won't end up with nasty black hairs all over your face! I picked up the Core Collection which consists of a detailer brush, a contour brush, a buffing brush, and a foundation brush, and then I bought the blush brush (in the pink) separately. Anyway, I'm really pumped about these brushes and their cuteness makes me a little more excited about spending money on makeup tools rather than makeup.

Have you tried Real Techniques?

SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I recently bought their stippling brush and it's an absolute dream! Makes foundation SO easy and non patchy! Haven't tried any of their other brushes but they sound equally as good. xx

    LA COCO NOIRE | Photography, Lifestyle and Food Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh I need to try that! Selection is so limited here in Canada I feel like I need to make a trip to the states just to buy some heheh

      Delete
  2. I was recently thinking which brushes to buy; My sister told Me I should get the NAKED brushes off of amazon. Still thinking of it.
    Oh and I liked Your cute blog so I nominated You for the Liebster Awards ^_^ check it: http://chronicdreamer.blogspot.com/2015/04/liebster-award-nominations.html
    :D Hope You like this!
    SJay // The Chronic Dreamer | A Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have brilliant reviews. I've only tried their Miracle Complexion sponge (their version of a Beauty Blender) and it is amazing. Flawless coverage!
    x GNAR MOSH x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get that! I'm trying a cheaper version and it just isn't cutting it

      Delete
  4. You can order alot of them off the canadian walmart website! If the walmart is too far from you! Plus i think its free shipping after 25 dollars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can order alot of them off the canadian walmart website! If the walmart is too far from you! Plus i think its free shipping after 25 dollars!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig