Sunday, May 17, 2015

Drugstore Skin and Haircare Haul

IMG_2629
I recently moved to Edmonton for the summer and tried to limit what I brought to avoid getting nailed in charges at the airport for an overweight luggage. I ended up getting charged anyway (oops) but I brought hardly any cosmetics, hair or skincare products with me which means I had to buy everything all over again. I took it as an awesome opportunity to try new products I've been interested in and these are a few of the things I bought! I've been using all of these products for about two weeks so I think I have a pretty good grasp on how well they work and if I think they're worth picking up.

L'Oreal Sublime Soft Gentle Micellar Solution: Since trying Bioderma Sensible H20 I've been OBSESSED with micellar waters. I use them to remove all my makeup before washing my face with a cotton round and it leaves my skin feeling so clean and smooth. This L'Oreal version is a great alternative if you don't want to spend the money on Bioderma. I haven't tested it against waterproof makeup, but it removes regular makeup so easily and it's really gentle on the skin.

John Frieda Beach Blonde Sea Waves Salt Spray: I've always been skeptical that beach sprays work because I've tried a bunch of different brands and they've either dried out my hair, smelled funny, or did absolutely nothing. This beach spray is AMAZING! I won't go too much into detail because I'm going to dedicate a full post to its amazingness so stay tuned.

Live Clean Exotic Nectar Argan Oil Leave In Conditioner Spray: This isn't a new product to me but I had to buy it because it's the best detangling spray you can find at the drugstore. It's under $5, it smells amazing, and it leaves my hair incredibly soft. Just a few sprays on either side of my hair leaves it completely tangle free, and if you have dry or long hair you know how much of a pain brushing wet hair can be. This is the answer to all of your detangling prayers!

Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner: Using toner is something I always forget to do but I was drawn to the idea of a toner that could potentially reduce the look of the size of my pores. I know pores can't actually get smaller, but some products can make them look smaller and I was hoping this one would do the trick! The first thing I noticed is that it smells like I'm rubbing nail polish remover on my face. I have to literally hold my breath when I'm applying it because it smells that strong of alcohol. Other than that, it seems to be working okay.  My pores look a little bit smaller and it surprisingly hasn't caused dry skin or flaking which I'm already really prone to. Basically I'm not super impressed but not completely unimpressed either.

Have you tried any of these products? 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love the L'Oreal Micellar! and the John Frieda spray sounds good, I'll have to wait for your post :) ! xx

    sleepy-heaven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig