Sunday, May 31, 2015

NYX Haul!

NYX Haul

NYX is one of my favourite drugstore beauty brands (and probably one of my favourites of all time in general) because they offer an enormous selection of products that are comparable to the quality of high end products, but they're a fraction of the price. The only problem with NYX is that they're close to impossible to find in Canada, and when you finally do find a place that carries the brand they have a pretty minimal selection. Luckily I'm in Alberta for the summer and a drugstore called London Drugs carries a huuuuuge selection and they offer free shipping if you subscribe to their newsletter! Needless to say I got a little carried away...

The first thing I picked up is the NYX Wonder Pencil in Light. I've been using this as a reverse lip liner, basically outlining the outside of my lips to act as a guide for my liquid lipsticks. I was hoping that this would make my lips look a little more defined, but so far I haven't been wowed. Maybe I'm using it wrong? It's really creamy and blendable so it's great in that sense, but it hasn't been something I've been constantly turning to since I bought it. It's a multi-purpose product so you could also use it as a concealer or cover stick to hide pesky blemishes! Just make sure to sharpen in between uses so you don't spread around bacteria.

NYX Matte and Prismatic Eyeshadows

If you have a cool skin tone, you know how difficult it is to find cool toned crease colours (especially matte ones!) so I decided to pick up a couple shades of the NYX Matte Shadows. The colours I chose are Bare My Soul (left) and Haywire (right). They're both STUNNING. They're creamy, super pigmented, and easily blendable. I also haven't had any problems with creasing which I know can be a problem with lower end eyeshadows. Bare My Soul is perfect for an everyday look, whereas Haywire is a more dramatic colour that looks a lot more brown and less purple once actually on the lid.

Next I decided to try the new NYX Prismatic Eyeshadow which I'm completely head over heels in love with. The colour I picked up is Frostbite and I've been using it in my inner corners. It's a beautiful white base with a hint of blue in it that makes me feel like Queen Elsa (heheh). It's so intensely pigmented and creamy, and it's just amazing quality for the price. I need to pick up a ton more shades and do a proper review with swatches so you can all see how great they are!

NYX Matte and High Voltage Lipsticks

Finally, what's a haul without a few lipsticks? I picked up a couple more shades of the NYX Matte Lipsticks because they're probably my favourite drugstore formula. The packaging is a little cheap, but they go on so creamy and they're really pigmented. While they're not as matte as Mac matte lipsticks and are more comparable to a satin finish, they stain your lips and last for hours. The shades I picked up are Aria, a beautiful purple I'll be wearing non-stop come the fall, and Bloody Mary, a gorgeous pinky red.

The last range I picked up are the relatively new NYX High Voltage Lipsticks in Flutter Kiss and Stone. I don't want to give away too much because I have a post about my full thoughts on these coming soon!

What are your favourite products from NYX?
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. I love NYX too, their products are always a great value. Looks like you got some really nice things!


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read more about the high voltage ones, the shades look gorgeous! Lovely haul, I really need to try NYX

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can find NYX easily here in Toronto, but the selection, as you said, it very small, which sucks. I haven't tried too much from the brand but I will definitely pick things up when I'm in the states!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm originally close to Toronto but I still have a really hard time finding the brand!

      Delete
  4. The matte lipsticks look so pretty! I used to buy from NYX so much and I don't anymore, I'm going to have to have a look for some of these x

    Gemma Louise | Just Little Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try the prismatic eyeshadows! They're AMAZING

      Delete
  5. I love this brand but the stock in the UK is so limited grrrr . Great post I really enjoyed reading it . k x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have aria and i love it! it's beautiful. i really love their radiant finishing powder, it's my favourite lazy day highlight!

    brooke | brooke elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh another product to add to my wishlist!

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried these products except for the wonderpencil- i only use it to line my waterline. I'd love to see swatches of the lippies.
    Btw, where did you get that marble plate?

    Liz
    themakeupleague.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't tried using it for that but I definitely will! and I'll have them up soon :) I got the plate at H&M Home

      Delete
  8. Love the bold colors... NYX is a really nice beauty brand ... nice post!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nyx is another brand I really need to try.
    Looking for some brands with some good lipsticks. These look like a good bargain!!


    Ellen,
    http://fishnetsxd.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig