Friday, June 12, 2015

Battle of the Drugstore Liquid Liners

Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner vs. L'Oreal Infalliable The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner

A while back I wrote a rave review on the Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Eyelinerbuuuuuut about a month into using it I was really disappointed. If I did a cat eye it would be smudged off by the end of the day, and the tip quickly became fuzzy and impossible to use so I would have to apply my lines using the sides of the applicator. Recently I picked up the L'Oreal Infalliable The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner and I've been using it for a few weeks now, so I thought I would do a comparison to help you all figure out which you should try next time you're at the drugstore!

Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner vs. L'Oreal Infalliable The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner

The L'Oreal Infalliable Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner has, like the name says, a super slim felt tip that makes application really easy. It's pretty precise if you're looking to get a sharp cat eye or a thin line, but not as precise as Kat Von D's Ink Liner.  It doesn't have a matte finish, but it isn't overly glossy either which I love. So far, it's lasted me an entire day without any smudging but you have to be really careful you don't touch your eye otherwise it definitely will. It's also not waterproof by any means. Even just a little bit of water will leave this running down your face, which could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your preferences because removing it is incredibly easy! Overall, for the price it's a really good liquid liner as long as you know you won't be in the water or if you're not prone to accidentally rubbing your eyes.


Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner vs. L'Oreal Infalliable The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner

Ah the Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner. If you look at this photo and compare it to the photo I originally took when I first purchased it, you can see how fuzzy the felt tip has become in such a short period of time. When I first used it brand new, it had a lot of similarities to L'Oreal's version in that it isn't matte but not overly glossy, it isn't waterproof, and (at the time) it didn't smudge. One major difference is that I found it isn't nearly as precise, probably because the applicator is just a little bit thicker. Like I said before, all the things I loved about this liner vanished after a few weeks of use because the formula and applicator quickly went to crap. It seemed to never fully dry on my eyelids so it would smudge really easily, and application took forever because the tip was completely dry. Maybe I got a bad version, or somehow didn't screw the lid on tight enough, but I would recommend the L'Oreal version over this hands down.

Have you tried either of these liners?
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I haven't tried either of these because I am not used to a felt tip liquid liner, I like the control I have with a brush tip. I'm curious to try the L'Oreal one though!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely takes some getting used to but I think once you get the hang of it it's the easiest way!

      Delete
  2. I think this is called the L'oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim in the UK (the nibs look the same anyway) and it's my favourite liquid liner! So easy to use even for someone who sucks at winged eyeliner cough*me*cough!
    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only drugstore brand liquid liner I've tried is Essence. I find it works well for the money, but I still prefer my YSL.

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those eyeliners look so great!

    http://www.dianavilic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The L'Oreal one looks amazing! Too bad about the Maybelline though. Thanks for sharing this comparison though! Great post!
    xo Kiki
    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I HATE the fuzzy tips of liquid liners! I haven't tried the L'oreal one yet as the only drugstore liner I like is the Physician's Formula one actually!

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig