Saturday, June 20, 2015

Kat Von D's Studded Kiss Lipstick vs. Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick


Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick vs. Everlasting Liquid Lipstick

Hi everyone!! The weather was somewhat warm and sunny today (it's raining now... AGAIN. ARGH) so I could finally take some pictures and get a few posts together! Does anyone else feel really guilty when they don't have posts up for a few days? I also just got a new camera and I'm waiting for my filters to come in the mail so the photography game up in here is about to get a lot better (I hope). Anyway, enough of my rant and on to today's post!

Kat Von D lip products are insanely hyped in the beauty world, particularly the Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. If you shop at Sephora you know that the shade Lolita is always sold out in stores and online, so when I saw it at my local Sephora the other day I had to pick it up to see what all the fuss was about. Instead of just testing out the formula of the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick, I wanted to compare it to the Studded Lipstick and see which one I preferred.

Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick vs. Everlasting Liquid Lipstick

First I'll start off with the liquid lipstick. I know there's been some controversy over the shade Lolita because a bad batch went out that was straight up brown, but the shade I picked up is a beautiful rosy nude. Granted the shade does have strong brown undertones but on my fair skin it looks more like a muted version of Maybelline's Touch of Spice, and it's a little rosier than Mac's Velvet Teddy. The applicator on this liquid lipstick is genius and the best I've found so far. It's small and picks up the perfect amount of product, so it isn't too difficult to be precise especially if you're a beginner. I found the colour to apply relatively evenly, and I only needed one coat to fully cover my lips.

After about 3 hours of talking and drinking coffee the colour started to wear out in the center of my lips. It wasn't too terrible because the colour is fairly close to my natural lip colour, but it would have been a lot more noticeable if it were a darker or brighter shade. I think this might have been because I was instinctively licking my lips a lot because it was so drying, so I feel like if I applied lip balm an hour or so before application I wouldn't have been doing that and it would have lasted a lot longer on my lips.

Kat Von D Lolita and Kat Von D Bauhau5 Swatch

The shade of the Studded Lipstick I picked up is Bauhau5 which is the most beautiful berry shade ever. I'm going to be wearing it nonstop in the Fall/Winter and eeeeee I'm just so in love with it. The formula reminds me a lot of Mac's Retro Matte finish in terms of the smell (amazing vanilla), and how drying/matte it is. Don't get me wrong, I love Retro Matte finishes so this could be a bad/good thing depending on your preferences. It lasted about the same time as the liquid lipstick did before it started to wear in the center of my lips, but reapplication was smooth and it didn't look patchy or uneven. Even though it was really drying, it didn't emphasize any dry patches but I did exfoliate and moisturize my lips beforehand, so make sure you really prep before application.

Overall, I think I like the Studded Lipsticks a little bit more, but that's only because I tend to lean towards regular lipsticks vs. liquid lipsticks in general. If you love liquid lipsticks, you'll love Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks, and if you prefer lipsticks that are creamy and moisturizing rather than super matte and drying you won't like Kat Von D's Studded Lipsticks.

Have you tried either of these products?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. that studded kiss lipstick is gorgeous, i'll have to pick that up soon! haven't tried her liquid lipsticks but i don't really have a desire to, seems like they're just like a regular liquid lipstick to me.

    brooke | brooke elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know what you mean! I like them but they haven't wowed me

      Delete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig