Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Colourpop Lippie Stix/Pencils Swatches + Review

Colourpop Lippie Stix/Pencils Swatches + Review

In my most recent post I talked to you guys about my experience with Colourpop Cosmetics in terms of shipping and whatnot, but now comes the fun part where I get to share with you my thoughts on the actual products I picked up. I thought I would start with the Lippie Stix and Lippie Pencils because let's face it, lip products are always the most exciting part of any haul. So let's get right into it!

Colourpop Lippie Stix and Pencils retail for $5 USD each which a freaking steal, and each shade comes with its own matching pencil.

Colourpop Lippie Stix/Pencils Swatches + Review

The shades I picked up are:
  • Tootsi, a cool toned grey beige in a matte finish.
  • Brink, a warm dusty nude with a brick red undertone in a matte finish.
  • Lumiere, a gorgeous mauve colour in a matte finish. This shade reminds me so much of the Nars Audacious Lipstick in Anna and I'm IN LOVE!!
  • Clique, a really bright orange red in a matte finish. Peeeeerfect for summer if you're into a bold lip.
  • Frenchie, a bright but warm neon red in a matte finish.
  • Topanga, a very wearable coral if you're afraid of neon lipsticks in a satin finish. If I'm being completely honest, I bought this shade on impulse because of the name. Boy Meets World is one of my favourite shows of all time (I own all the seasons on DVD) and I'm so happy I did because it's the perfect everyday summer shade. It isn't too bold, but it adds a little somethin somethin for days I want to look like I'm in a summery mood.
Colourpop Lippie Stix/Pencils Swatches + Review

The Lippie Pencils I picked up are:
  • Bound, a mid-tone nude that pulls very brown on me but I'm completely obsessed. It reminds me of how Mac Soar and Mac Whirl would look if they had a baby.
  • Clique, which is once again a bright orange red. I picked this up to match the Clique lippie because bold shades are always a trillion times easier to apply with a lip liner, and I don't have anything like this in my collection. It also pairs really well with Mac Lady Danger.
The really cool thing about these Lippie Pencils is that they aren't all identical to the Lippie Stix they're paired with. For example, bolder shades such as Clique and Frenchie have matching liners to make application easier and to increase wear time, but lighter nudes such as Bound have completely different liners that are often darker to enhance the colour. The Bound Lippie Stix is a glossy formula and is a really sheer pinky nude, but the matching pencil is a dark almost brown shade. You can see the comparisons between the two on Colourpop's website here

Colourpop Lippie Stix/Pencils Swatches + Review

Swatches from top to bottom: Tootsi, Lumiere, Clique (lippie), Clique (pencil), Bound (pencil), Frenchie, Topanga, Brink.

The formula of the matte lippies are spot on. They're creamy, insanely pigmented, and last foreeeeeever. I wore Lumiere today and it lasted 6 hours on my lips without any fading, smearing, or patchiness. I love matte lipsticks but I hate how they tend to stay on in some areas and completely fade in others, especially towards the center of the lips, but these don't do that. My only complaint is that after a few hours I noticed my lips started to feel a little dry, and it became pretty noticable because the lip colour sort of clung to my dry patches. This isn't a huge deal for me though because I usually reapply my lipstick as well as some lip balm throughout the day (which I didn't today because I was insanely busy at work and didn't have time), so this wouldn't have happened if I had done that.

I can't speak for all the satin lipsticks Colourpop carries because I only purchased one, but I was a little disappointed with Topanga (I never thought I would say that because we all know Topanga is a goddess). It was reeeeeeally drying, which I didn't expect at all and felt almost minty on my lips but not in a good way. The colour is beautiful though and the formula is incredibly pigmented, so do I regret buying this? Nope. I'm just gonna need a lot of lip balm.

Overall, I'm so in love with every colour I bought and I can't wait to buy more.

Have you tried anything from Colourpop? If not, WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I have never tried any products from Colourpop but these look so amazing! I love the Lumiere shade, I have a lipstick that is very similar to that and I use it pretty much everyday, I love it! Xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be my favourite of the bunch!

      Delete
  2. These are soooo gorgeous! They seriously need to sort shipping to the UK!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, never tried colourpop (woe to be a brit sometimes), but these look super cute! I think my favourites are Tootsie and Brink, though Topanga could probably steal it for me!

    Fii || little miss fii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you there, especially Tootsi because it's so unique!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Their shipping and customer service isn't all that great... I ordered a month ago and still have not received my package, the sucky part is customer service hasn't contacted me back after several emails to them :(

    ReplyDelete

Reading your comments always brightens my day and I appreciate them all so so much! xoxo

© Melissa Bartlett | Beauty & Lifestyle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig